Snow Cover: 2-3 hard base with snow cover
Date of Report: December 24, 2016
Sno-Eagles Trails Open
Fair to Good Early Riding Condition
Temps have popped up today. Already 30 with highs over 32 today. Going to be overcast so the trails should hold. Back down to 18 tonight. Tomorrow the weather guys are predicting a mixed bag of weather. High 32 & low of 28. SNOW early that could turn to sleet & even some rain. Then maybe SNOW in the evening. 1-2 inches. Colder on Tuesday.
The Oneida & Forest County Trails are now open. Please check with the Clubs in those Counties for the up to date report. Especially Lake Conditions.
Here is the report from Trail Boss Brian Scheid from last nights grooming
“Early season riding conditions exist, surface is hard packed, swamps may be slushy. USE CAUTION”
- St. Germain – Trail 70W – Groomed
- Sayner – Trail 10W – Groomed
- Conover – Trail 13N – Groomed – some areas not groomed, packed with snowmobile
- Anvil Lake – Trail 10E – potential swamp areas not groomed.
- Town Run(ALT) – Trail 13S – Groomed – some areas not groomed. packed with snowmobile
- Town Run – Trail 13S – Not Groomed – packed with snowmobile only
- Town Run – Trail 7N/17S – Groomed – some areas not groomed, packed with snowmobile
- Town Run – 17N3N – Groomed
- Manske Swamp – Section of Trail 3N between intersection of 17N/3N and 10W/13N – Not Groomed – passable by sled USE CAUTION
- WI River Bridge – Trail 10W/13N – Not Groomed. Passable by sled, Trail packed, by sled
- Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trail – Marked Closed – DO NOT CROSS
Contact Trail Boss Brian Scheid with trail issues
715.891.2332 – email@example.com
No Grooming Christmas Eve! Family time for the drivers!
Time to THINK COLD & Doin’ The Snow Dance! Need to hear it clear up here!
Last….GO PACK GO!!!!
See Ya On The Trails & Merry Christmas!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – with conditions changing will update more than once a day if necessary.
News and Reports:
Torchlight Parade – January 21, 2017. Staging at 5:30pm Leave at 6:00pm from the Trackside parking lot. Call Holly at 715.617.4708 for more information
- All are welcome!
- Decorate your sleds with lights & other fun stuff!
- Ride from Trackside using Trail 13 to the Railroad Depot & on down “the Grade” to Trail 10E
- Trail 10E to the ERRA Sports Arena “the dome”
- By choice onto Nutty Squirrel for dinner or head on back home or stay for the Falcons Hockey game
- Meet Miss Sno-Eagle, Tori Sleeman
- Decorated groomers will be part of the parade
- Come on Join Us! Let’s make this a huge parade!
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES – Starting Wednesday, December 21!
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.