Snow Cover: 3 inch base - 9+- snow
Date of Report: December 21, 2016
Sno-Eagles Trails Open
Fair to Good Early Riding Condition
Nightly grooming continues with the BR-180 and the T-5 New Holland. Running 2 shifts. One starting at 4pm-10pm and second 10pm-3am covering 90% of the system each night.
Catfish Lake Loop and Eagle Lake Trails are still closed.
SNOW moving in this morning. 2-3 inches. Temps have popped up so it should be wet snow. Next best day for SNOW is Friday. As for Christmas Day it is a wait & see.
Going out riding today so I’ll have a detailed report of what I see in tomorrow’s report.
Oneida County Trails which includes Three Lakes & Sugar Camp open yesterday at noon. Forest County Trails which are off of Trail 10 opening on Friday at 9am.
Here is Trail Boss report:
“Early season riding conditions exist, surface is hard packed, swamps may be slushy. USE CAUTION.
- Town Run – Trl 13S – Not groomed
- Town Run – Alt Trl 13S – Groomed
- St. Germain – Trl 70W – Groomed
- Sayner – Trl 10W – Groomed
- Conover – Trl 13N – Groomed – Somes areas not groomed, packed with snowmobile
- Town (South, North) – Trl 17/7 – Not groomed , packed with snowmobile
- Anvil Lake – Trl 10E – Not groomed
- Town Run – 17N/3N – Groomed
- Gramp&Grahm Trail – Trl 1 – Groomed
- Manske Swamp – Trl 3 – Not groomed. Passable by sled USE CAUTION
- WI River Bridge – 10W – Not groomed. Passable by sled, Trail packed
- Catfish Lake Loop – Off Trl 10E – Marked Closed-DO NOT CROSS
- Eagle Lake Trail – Trl 1 – Marked Closed-DO NOT CROSS”
Grooming Schedule – Should be grooming everyday this week. Weather permitting. Stay tuned!
Report Trail Issues to Trail Boss Brian Scheid
715.891.2332 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep THINKING COLD and Doin’ The Snow Dance!
Did you remember to register your sled & buy trail passes?
I going ridin’. See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
News and Reports:
MONTHLY MEETINGS 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES – Starting Wednesday, December 21!
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.