Trail Conditions: Closed
Snow Cover: 2+ inches on the ground. More north of town
Date of Report: December 20, 2020
Trails in Eagle River & All of Vilas County remain CLOSED
19 degrees at 6:50am with a high of 30 today. No new SNOW overnight. There is a 70% chance of SNOW on Monday with totals are about an inch. Next SNOW on Wednesday with 2-4 inches forecast. Moving in the right direct but need more SNOW to get the trails open. Keep DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
Ground, swamps & other wet areas are frozen up pretty good. Eagle & Catfish lakes are building ice. Stay off for now until the Sno-Eagles determine both are safe & marked.
All trail inspections in Vilas County have been completed. Now we wait. With not much new to report.
A few updates on the trails:
Trail 13 that heads west of Eagle River has a re route in the section that comes out on Oak Lane by the Pine Gables Restaurant. There is new construction going on so the club has done a temporary move over of the trail. Next year the trail will be moved slightly south permanently.
Also the lake spur off of the Eagle Lake Trail that takes you to Eagle Waters Resort is back open!!! The owner Laura Koranda & adjacent landowners worked hard to have this happen!
Let’s get a loud SNOW DANCE GOING! Can’t wait to see ya all out on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 should be starting soon
Check www.sno-eagles.org for club updates – www.eagleriver.org for area events
News and Reports:
ICE CASTLE CONSTRUCTION SHOULD START IN JANUARY.
NEW LOCATION IN DOWNTOWN EAGLE RIVER
More details soon
Sno-Eagles Wednesday & Thursday trail rides are set to begin Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 9am. Snow & trail conditions permitting.
Call club President, Howard (Rusty) Wolf at 262.442.4876 for more details
- December 25, 2020 – MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
- January 5, 2021 – Sno-Eagles Board of Directors meeting – 6pm – VFW Hall – Hwy 70W on left just past lights.
- January 8-10, 2021 – Vintage World Championship Races – At the Derby Track – Hwy 45N across from Trackside – Volunteers needed.
- January 15-17, 2021 – World Championship Races – At the Derby Track – Hwy 45N across from Trackside – Volunteers needed
- January 18, 2021 – Annual Military Ride – Leaving from the Derby Track – hwy 45N across from Trackside
- January 21, 2021 – Sno-Eagles General membership meeting. You can attend virtually by going to Facebook & joining Sno-Eagles CLUB MEMBERS ONLY page.
- January 29-31, 2021 – Women on Snow
Call club President, Howard (Rusty) Wolf at 262.442.4876 is you have questions or would like to join the club or volunteer.
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours