Snow Cover: Groomed/Panned base of 2 inches on trail
Date of Report: December 16, 2016
Sno-Eagles Trails Open
Fair Early Riding Condition
The clock struck 12 noon yesterday and I saw sleds on the trails! Not a ton but hardy first day of the season riders! As a friend posted on Facebook….“you can tell it winter because I saw my first snowmobile!”
Now the really good news. SNOW & lots of it is in the forecast starting later this afternoon. National Weather Service predicts 6-10 inches of SNOW. With potential of 12 inches in northern Vilas County. Click here for the complete National Weather Service report
Here is today’s report from the Trail Boss, Brian Scheid:
Trails in Sno-Eagles Country are in FAIR Early Season Riding Condition & trails have a good start on the base. As you ride you may find some areas of slush. He & other Club members have been out packing the trails with snowmobiles to help on the freeze down. Plus out with the groomers panning. Here are some trails conditions to watch for:
- St. Germain Route – Trail 70W Groomed
- Anvil Lake Route – Trail 10E Groomed
- Conover Route – Trail 10W Groomed
- Sayner Route – 13N & W Groomed
- Town Route – Some areas not Groomed. Packed with snowmobile
- Town Route North – 17N Groomed
- Town Route South – 17S Packed with snowmobile
- Granpa/Grahm Trail – Club Trail off 10E Groomed
- Nine Mile Trail – Club Trail off 10E Groomed
- Manske Swamp(portion of Trl 3) & WI River Bridge(portion of 10/13) Open but not Groomed
- Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trails MARKED CLOSED
Grooming Schedule – Saturday & Sunday
Please Report Trail Issues to Trail Boss Brian Scheid
Keep THINKING COLD and Doin’ The Snow Dance!
Finally we get to ride! Did you remember to register your sled & buy trail passes?
See Ya On The Trails Real Soon!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
News and Reports:
MONTHLY MEETINGS 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES – Starting Wednesday, December 21!
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.