Snow Cover: Good
Date of Report: January 14, 2020
January 14, 2020
All trails in the Lake Gogebic Area are being groomed nightly and are in GOOD to EXCELLENT condition! Our forecast is cold and snow daily and JohnDee is showing 12-24” between Jan 18-24th! Great riding going on right now!!
- Trail # 1N: Bergland to White Pine. This trail is being groomed daily and is reported to be in excellent condition.
- Trail # 1South from Marenisco to Wisconsin Border: This trail is being groomed daily and is reported to be in excellent condition.
- Trail # 8: from Bergland to Wakefield. Good to excellent. Groomed daily and all hazards and wet spots are gone!
- Trail 102from Bergland to Trail #11, Groomed daily – good to excellent!
- Trail # 13North from Bergland to 101: This trail is being groomed daily and is reported to be in good to excellent condition.
- Trail # 13south of Root Cellar to trail 2 is in open and in good condition.
As always, ride safe and enjoy our area. All the Grooming Clubs have been busting their butts off to fight Mother Nature once again. So don’t hesitate to join a club that you visit. We sure do appreciate it and also need it to make this possible.
WARNINGS AND NOTICES: There are 1-million acres of public land west of Bergland to off trail ride on – please only ride legal areas! The Ottawa National Forest is 990,000 acres and much of it open to cross-country riding (no trail/road) if there is 6″ or more of snow. Several restricted areas, contact the forest for further information.
- BASE SNOW FALL: This is current ground snow depth.
- NWS Marquette, MI Next 24 Hours Snow Forecast: click here
- John Dee Snow Central Forecast: click here