Your Online Trail and Travel Guide for Snowmobiling the U.S. & Canada

Trail Report – : Hurley, Wisconsin – January 15, 2019

Reporter: rfranzoi85
Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Varies
Date of Report: January 15, 2019
Area Report:

❄️❄️❄️❄️Hurley Area Snow Report, Tuesday January 15 2019❄️ ❄️ ❄️ ❄️

 

White Thunder Riders is in charge of 130 miles of trails in Northern Iron County.  Of that, 80% are considered GOOD; the remaining 20% are rated FAIR.  Area trails have a good solid base, watch for some ice in corners.

 

Whitecap Mountain Resort has a base of 14 – 26 inches with 35 runs open.  All chairlifts are open for skiing.  Snowmobilers are welcome via Trail 6, Whitecap Mountain Resort has a bar/ grill/ cafeteria to enjoy. 

 

Follow us on Facebook or www.hurleywi.com.  For ALL Iron County Snow conditions call 715-476-SNOW

 

Check out the following events:

Important Dates:
February 8:  Vintage Snowmobile Parade
February 9:  Vintage Ice Oval Races
February 16 & 17: USSA Cup Ice Oval Races
February 17:  White Thunder Riders Auction

 

A note from White Thunder Riders:

For information. What does it take to open and maintain snowmobile trails? Here are the numbers from July 1, 2018 until January 12th.

213 hrs of non-grooming activities (signing, brushing, grading, culvert replacement etc).
530 hrs of grooming (rolling/packing and panning with a drag).

That’s over 740 hours of work on the trails directly (and we are only halfway through January). This does not include time in the shop maintaining equipment, working with landowners on trail easements, fundraisers, community events, meetings and other countless time.

Remember, all of this time is put in by a dedicated, passionate group of volunteers. We love what we do but need riders to do their part. Respect the trails and the land they pass through. Join a club. Better yet, become active in a club! Patronize the businesses that support the clubs.

Thanks!
White Thunder Riders